Monday, February 16, 2015

New Series on What I Believe


My posts have been somewhat random, so I've decided to start blogging more systematically.

I'm beginning a series of posts on what I believe.  I tend to shy away from any potential conflict, but most of the posts will probably be on controversial issues.  Why?  There are two benefits of this:
  1. I'm forced to clearly articulate what I believe and, very importantly, why.  As I get closer to being "grown up," this becomes crucial.
  2. You can be encouraged and/or challenged.
So, here's a list of a few possible posts/topics:
  • Introduction: Presuppositions and Foundations
  • Money
  • Eschatology
  • Government
  • Courtship vs. Dating
  • Creation vs. Evolution
  • Calvinism vs. Arminianism
  • Entertainment
Of course, this list can be added to.  If you have any suggestions or requests I'd be happy to include them.

The posts will be broken into several sections.  Note that some of these will have to be divided into subsections, depending on the topic.
  • Summary of what I believe
  • What the Bible says about it
  • Important things to remember
  • Where to learn more
It seems most of the topics are on ethics (how should we live).  Every belief rests on some other belief.  Ultimately, the only logical foundation for ethics comes from the Bible.  Anyway, more on that next time!

Edit from April 2020: I realize I did not keep this up very well. Perhaps I must grow in perseverance.

No comments: